Associate Product Manager
CNET Content Solutions, a CBS subsidiary, is the most popular global supplier of technical product
information for major online retailers and distributors. I am responsible for product management of
CNET’s ContentCast product line. During my first year, I grew the primary ContentCast Logo Service
2.5 times in both installations and ROI provided to clients. Some of my efforts are as follows:
- Partnered with Sales team to maintain partner relationships with Newegg.com, Costco.com,
Target.com, Zones.com, Ingram Micro, Tech Data, and over 20 others.
- Managed content syndicated to e-commerce product pages on behalf of manufacturer
customers including Microsoft, Lenovo, Dell, and Cisco.
- Managed the Logo product roadmap, and communicated directly with Directors and VPs to
manage ongoing expectations. Created requirements and wire-frames for every new release.
- Managed web software development teams through entire development life cycle including
hotfixes and releases.
- Kept account management team focused and motivated in both local office as well as
offshore in Europe and Russia.
- Built and trained teams on new support systems to improve efficiency of support team
processes as customer base increased.
I was responsible for launching “VoxOx”, a communication service to call and text message friends in
any community including Facebook, Skype, Gmail and more. Our initial closed-beta VoxOx launch
attracted a starting community of 250,000 users communicating to 20 million of their friends. VoxOx
won the Stevie Award for “Best New Software/Service of the Year”. Our major product releases raised
millions of investment dollars. Responsibilities to note include:
- Increased product awareness by getting product covered by leading industry publications
Engadget, Mashable, Download.com, Gizmodo, Fortune, and over 100 others.
- Created over 100 requirements documents with wire-frames.
- Managed software development teams through entire development life cycle.
- Coordinated all work to local as well as offshore teams in Costa Rica. Kept team focused and
- Assisted in interviewing and hiring of new employees.
Restructured Digital Standard mobile application platform “Saki Mobile” to gain over 4 million new
users in 6 months. As a Product Specialist, I performed several critical roles for a 10 person company
around product management and support. I also filled in as web developer for marketing promotions.
My daily duties were the following:
- Analyzed industry trends, providing insight to senior management on a daily basis.
- Tracked and managed incoming revenue from online advertising partnerships as both a
publisher and client.
- Wrote product requirements and creating wireframes.
- Set up and managed efficient support system fielding 100+ user requests daily.